What is better out of trading ordinary spot forex or currency options?

Sunday, January 5, 2014 , Posted by Ryanita at 2:59 PM

forex charts
 on Free Forex Charts | Forex Blog
forex charts image




William M


I am 18 years old and I am considering trading currencies as a home based business. I've had practice with ordinary spot forex and find it okay. I want to know what is better if I was to trade ordinary spot forex or currency options? Which is better, and which has the best chance of you becoming successful and becoming a millionaire out of?


Answer
Currencies tend to trend long term and be volatile in the short term.

Have a look at this chart from finviz & see if you agree.

http://www.finviz.com/forex_charts.ashx?t=ALL&tf=w1

I only trade currencies using long term call options. Why?

1. I have a known level of exposure (I can't loose any more than I put in)

2. I feel its lower risk, as I am trend trading - trends can also revert.

3. It is definitely lower risk than spot trading, as I am not trading on margin - I can still loose everything though.

4. I've had a few friends take up currency trading (spot), do quite well for a bit then have a bad run, only one out of 6 is still in the game.

5. It suits my personality. If you can handle the swings, spot trading might be the thing for you.

Open up a demo account and see how you go.

Give your self time to learn before putting your own money down - once its gone, its gone.

Where do I find good currency charts for Forex?




Lobster Di


I'm loking for currency charts to keep up on a separate monitor. I've found one site with just charts so far, but I'm looking for something just a bit easier on the eyes.
What's MT-4?
oh I see - that's an idea



Answer
I make my own using EOD downloaded data. Just import into Excel or any charting software. That way I can apply my own paremeters and indicators to the data. Most of the online charts are really poor in quality and lack the ability to do much analysis. If interested in raw data download try one of these....
http://freeserv.dukascopy.com/exp/
http://www.fin-rus.com/analysis/export/_eng_/default.asp




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Currently have 0 comments: