How do you pay taxes on a foreign forex account?

Monday, November 25, 2013 , Posted by Ryanita at 9:59 PM

forex account
 on forex training courses 223x300 Improve Your Forex Trading Skills
forex account image







I have a forex account but the brokerage is in another country. Do I pay taxes or what? And if I do how do I go about doing that?


Answer
US citizens and resident aliens pay tax on worldwide icnome, so of course you do.

Unless this is classified as a 1256 contract, you report it on line 21, other income. 1256 goes to form 6781.

And, if the account had more than $10,000 in it at *any* time during 2009, don't forget to file form TDF 90-22.1

what are the requirements to put my investment in a managed forex account in the USA and in UK?




bh


I would like to know the regulations and laws in the US and UK for investing in a managed forex account.


Answer
There are some forex account management service provider. You should take their help to manage your trading account. Investopedia Forex Trading Rules may your more help.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Currently have 0 comments: