How do you buy stocks?

Friday, January 3, 2014 , Posted by Ryanita at 1:59 PM

forex natural gas
 on ... ,Forex, Fx: ACCIONES GAS NATURAL. SISTEMAS DE TRADING ACCIONES IBEX35
forex natural gas image




midian88


I've never been a stock buyer before. So i just want to give it a try
and buy any stock. How do you buy a stock on Toronto Exchange for
example? Can you do that on the internet?



Answer
I'm assuming since you are asking about the TSX, you are from Canada. I am from Vancouver and use questrade but there are plenty of discount brokers available with low minimum deposits and no inactivity fees. As well, I can buy Canadian and US equities as well as options and forex.

Your statement - never been a stock buyer before want to give it a try worries me. Please remember that this is real money on the line and before you even consider buying stocks, please do some reading on the basics.

I can't stress enough to people that the equity markets, particularly in this environment, are still extremely dangerous. The best traders cannot come to a consensus on whether this is a true bull market or bear market rally. We are in uncharted waters here. Personally I am being extremely particular with stock valuations and am pulling the trigger quickly on gains due to the uncertainty in the marketplace.

The TSX is so heavily weighted in materials and energy that it makes things extremely volatile. Canada has lot of exposure to the fluxuations in the US dollar (commodities are priced in US $ so a drop in US $ means a rise in commodity prices as a general rule and vice-versa). Commodities are extremely volatile so please use extreme caution when trading TSX (even if it is the IShares index) due to this weighting. If you have any doubt about this please check the charts on Natural Gas, Oil, Copper, etc...

The majority of my trading is done on the TSX and due to currency risk I tend to use ETF's to play foreign markets. So if you have any specific questoins, I would be happy to try and answer them for you. Just know I'm not a professional,but I do have some experience that I'd be happy to share.

What are the best bargain investments right now?




Claudio F


I like the DIA (ETF for the Dow Jones),
I like UNG (ETF for Natural Gas),
I like real estate in Detroit because prices are very low and foreclosures abound.
Regarding Education I like degrees in medical billing because they take only 1 year to get and they are in demand.
I like to invest in small businesses like gas stores and one dollar stores because everybody uses them.
I don't like single stocks because of lack of diversification.
I don't like forex market because I am not a trader.
I don't like options because they are too risky and complex.
I don't like silver and gold because the price is too high.
Do you know better investments?



Answer
Probably real estate. It's a bargain to buy cheaper houses comparing to the highs couples years ago. Real estate market will eventually go back up. The value is there and population grow each year. If you have the money and need a house, then it's good time buy it now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Currently have 0 comments: